Every time I make this Asian-style sauce, I can practically drink it!.
This recipe was originally used as mock-peanut sauce for fresh spring rolls. The version below has more liquid so it can be used as a thick dressing over a slaw, and it still works well as a dip for veggies or spring rolls.
Asian Almond Sauce
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 dates, chopped
- 1/2 cup almond butter, smooth
- 3 teaspoons coconut aminos
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- juice from 1 lime
- Heat 1/2 cup water. Place in a small bowl with the dates to soften. Let soak 5 minutes.
- Add the dates plus the soaking water into a blender.
- Then, add the almond butter and the remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.
- Drizzle over a slaw, or use as a dipping sauce for fresh spring rolls.